So a while back, my Mom asked Grandma to write down her Potato Salad recipie. Apparently Grandma had said that she just puts a "little of this" and a "little more of that". You know how it goes, but my Mom pressed her to measure out what she actually puts in it. So... for all the Potato Salad fans (that includes me) here goes her famous recipie:
15 potatoes. Boil until well done. Cut up fine.
3/4 c. chopped green onions
2 c. chopped celery
15 tiny sweet pickles, chopped
6 hard boiled eggs, cut up
Mix together:
3 c. mayonnaise
3 1/2 t. salt
6 T. sugar
2 T. canned milk
3 T. sweet pickle juice
Add this to the potato mixture. Enjoy!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Grandma's Potato Salad
Posted by Welsch Family at 2:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Grandma DOES make the BEST potato salad. Of course, even if I follow her roll recipe exactly, hers are still better!! :) Hopefully I'll have more success with this one.
Thank You Alyssa! My mom always tells me she just makes it by "taste" and that is so hard to copy! I can't wait to make this, although I agree with Rachelle. Grandma's will always taste the best I am sure.
Thanks for the recipe! Now we can feel like we're at Grandma's house when we're far away.
Alyssa, thank you for the recipe. No one makes better potato salad than Grandma. I think this one will go down as an heirloom.
Post a Comment