Monday, September 8, 2008

Summer Finale

These past few weeks have been filled with plenty of travel, football just getting going already, family and fun. It seems that we have missed the "down" time that we usually enjoy on the weekends for blogging. So here it is... a few pics to end our summer finale!

Jace and Ella swimming at Alyssa's parents house on Saturday morning, the morning of Steve and Jeff's combined open house.


Family picture at Alyssa's parents house. Evening of the open house. It was great to see all of our family. Thanks for coming! We need to get together more often!
Alyssa's parents took the kids overnight last week. Nick and I enjoyed some quiet time at Manhattan Beach. Arrived right on time for a beautiful sunset! A double click on this one will show the the crowded but beautiful residential coastline of Manhattan Beach.



Finally getting around to posting a few pics from Steve's wedding day! It was a beautiful day, very fun, and planned well! This is Steve's wife Wendy with all the little girls- mostly from her family. Ella and cousin Avery are in the picture below.
My two cute boys.
Alyssa's family at the afternoon of Steve's wedding day. This picture is way more fun than the formal photo.
We enjoyed Saturday soccer games all summer. Sadly, it's now come to an end. But Jace is really enjoying preschool now! Ella and Alyssa playing on the sidelines. The neighbors roses happened to make a great background! Jace stopping for a drink.

Entertaining ourselves at the park- HOT park. I'm anxious for the change of season and the cooler temperatures!

Nick-what a sport! Ella- the cosmotologist in training?

11 comments:

Ashli said...

You are such a handsome family! Fun to see all that you have been up. Hope the upcoming fall is just as great as your summer.

Lindsey said...

Looks like you've been doing tons of fun stuff! Gorgeous beach! Consider me jealous!

RachelAA said...

You have such a stunning family!! Looks like a blast and I love the pictures at the beach. What kind of camera do you have, the color on these photos is amazing!!

Danielle and Derek said...

All of these pictures are gorgeous! The last one made me laugh - proof that you don't need hair to wear barettes.

The Harker's said...

Adorable pictures! After checking out your blog, Dave and I decided we need to get a better camera. Your picture quality so so great! It looks like they were all professionally taken! You guys are all so photogenic too! We wish we were there to see you guys...

Alyssa said...

Yes, our camera is new. It's a Sony cybershot DSC H10. Not the most expensive thing out there- but a decent camera. It lets you manually adjust the shutter and aperture, which is how the pictures in the water had so much detail. I did, however photoshop a few of the pictures a little- enhanced details further, and increased vividness of the colors. But even without photoshop the camera does well. Thanks for the compliment!

Shari D. Kurtz said...

Hi Alyssa! Its Shari Weir(Kurtz). I happened upon your blog through Suzanne's blog and was so happy to see your cute family. I love your pictures. You and Ella have the same expression on your faces in the wedding picture. So cute:) I guess I wont get to run into you in the Provo Mall anymore since you moved to CA! I'm glad we got to at least once. If ever you are in Elko, I'd love to see you. Stop by anytime.
Shari
P.S. I have a blog too. There are some pictures of my family on there. Check it out if you get the chance. www.sharidphotography.blogspot.com

Cece Girl said...

Alyssa! Love the new pictures...especially the blog pic. Such a beautiful family! We love you!
Jen

Steven O'Bryant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alee and Brandon said...

Oh how funny! I was thinking the same thing as Melissa...I LOVE your camera! The photos are so nice!

Melissa and I were talking earlier about how you're ignoring us on facebook...lol. We want more friends ;)

Nathan & Michelle Watabe said...

I knew I had forgotten something. Jordan and her family lived in Tokyo at the same time that we did, so they're long time family friends. You know how that goes with moving so much, you end up knowing tons of people. They're an awesome family. Our little sisters are best friends. (by little, I mean 25).