Not the type of blog that we would like to be sending, but in case you were wondering, we have been evacuated due to fires. I'll spare the details for now, but we are at Alyssa's parent's house. Well the kids and I and another dad and his kids are at the O'Bryant's. Alyssa and her friend (the Mom of the other family) were together and got caught on the other side of the 14 freeway and couldn't get back. They had to take an alternative route to her parents and I-15 is closed so they have had some trouble getting here, but they are on their way.
If you want info on the closest fire that finally pushed us out please go to: http://cbs2.com/firewatch/local_story_296015810.html.
Soledad Canyon road is about 4 blocks from our place. However there is a very dry large river bed that separates us from Soledad Canyon Road. It is the main street in Santa Clarita. Sand Canyon road is one exit up from our exit and we take this exit to go to church.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Evacuated
I commute on the 14 freeway and it is closed north and south bound. There are 4 other fires in the Santa Clarita area. With all the fires in LA and San Diego, 240,000 people had been evacuated as of 6 pm tonight.
We will keep you posted.
Posted by Welsch Family at 3:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment