Before I get to the Three Little Pigs... let my explain the first two pictures. The first... "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth", or rather, my one front tooth. I really thought we had a few years before the teeth started falling out. We're not even to kindergarten yet. Speaking of, I personally didn't lose a tooth until the second grade!
The second one is Nick and the kids being lazy on a sunday afternoon watching "Polar Express."
Back to "The Three Little Pigs"... Yesterday the three little pigs sat down to build their annual gingerbread house with some of our friends. At first, things seemed to be going well. Mom had neatly baked and cut out all the gingerbread pieces for three families' houses.
Nick took charge in getting our four walls to stand up, which they did quite well. So far so good.
Everyone contributed to the candy... Do we have enough?
Up went the triangle pieces. Moving right along...
Ella was eyeing the sprinkles. Is she planning on putting them on the house, or just devouring them, personally?
Wait a minute, wasn't this thing supposed to keep the icing from getting on your hand? Stupid trinket. Did I say that?
Now for the finale, one house stood well- was it made of bricks? The second held tight for a while- then the roof collapsed - (straw?) and the last, well... let's just say it worked out well for a tasty lumber yard.
Moral of the story...Burn it or buy it. If you're going to make your own gingerbread, you'd better burn it to the point of crisp, rather than soft and tasty, if you don't want those roofs coming down. Or... buy a kit!
Monday, December 15, 2008
The Three Little Pigs
Posted by Welsch Family at 12:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Fun story! I have a great gingerbread recipe that is soft and yummy, but makes a great house. If you want it let me know.
It looks like you had fun anyway! And lots of good gingerbread to eat! It was so fun to catch up with you the other day!
haha so funny! Wish we were there with you guys. Can't wait for New Years! PS... I love that in the movie picture, all 3 of them have their hand up by their face while watching Polar Express. Perfect.
Looks like fun! I usually buy ours, I'm not patient enough to make the gingerbread. lol
As for the loose tooth...if his teeth came in early then they will lose them early. If the teeth come in later on (like a year old or so) then they will lose them later. At least that is how it usually happens. :)
David Cook singing a Lionel Richie song on the blog? Really?!?
HEY NICK AND ALYSSA!! Thanks for finding my blog. This is so fun!! It's great to see your family and what you're all up to. You all look very happy!! It's been a long time since I've seen you all! Nick, how are your parents? Mine are leaving for their mission to India on Friday. Crazy. They have a blog to, so if you want to see what they're up to you can see their link from my blog! Anyhow, keep in touch! Glad you're blogging!!! :)
Hi Alyssa and Nick! Your kids are adorable! I just love seeing blogs! It is so awesome! I read through yours a little bit, Alyssa, and I read the part about migraines...I am so sorry about that. I think that would be so hard. I know you don't really know me, but I just have been reading a lot of books about health problems, because I have an auto-immune disease (Hashimoto's)that will probably never go away.
I found one doctor's book, his name is Dr. Fuhrman. He has a fasting clinic in California too. He is all about changing your diet and fasting. It is really close to the word of wisdom, and he has changed many people's lives. I don't know if you have heard about Dr. Fuhrman, but I hope you will check him out. My dad tried to follow his diet strictly and was able to get off of his blood pressure medicine and everything. It is amazing! I am sorry this is my first comment on your blog! You guys look like a beautiful family! It makes me feel so happy!
Post a Comment